Things my dad says....
1. Let me just say this about that....
2. If you bring home a dirtbag I will just kill him and hang him from the front porch for all of the other dirtbags to see.
3. You are beautiful. (Thanks Dad!)
4. Who's this kid? I thought you loved Reed. You know he's working hard on his mission.
5. You're my favorite.
6. Who's the best cop/firefighter?
7. If you hurt my daughter, I'll kill you.
8. Would you like to ask for her hand with my gun on or off?
9. It's Christmas Eve and your sick. Let me medicate you....
10. Do you need me to kill him?
Obviously one of the best gifts a father can give his daughter is protection - it even says so in the proclamation, just read it. So here is a story to illustrate my point. When I was in sixth grade I was being wheeled in to surgery to get my tonsils out. The last words out of my mouth before the anesthesia took me to la-la land was this: "If you hurt me, my dad will kill you." And I knew without a shadow of a doubt that he would. So, thanks Dad, for always letting me know that you loved me, and for protecting me whether I wanted you to or not!
8 comments:
I love all those phrases. It is good to know our daddy loves us. It is also good to know if anyone hurts us, our dad will kill them.
Dito what Niki says. I still use that some times when I am mad at Doug! HA.
You crack me up. What a great dad. Everyone needs someone to protect them. I wonder how scared Reed was on him at first??? I love it.
Glad you got to see the leaves.
Oh and Happy Late Bday. That was so sweet what Reed wrote. I was way impressed.
Let me answer your question Heather, how scared was Reed when he first met me? I remember one time camping in Am Fork canyon Reed was playing poker with the rest of the kids and every time I would move Reeds eyes would lock on me and a small bead of sweat would form on his brow and I thought I could see a little quiver. That was just one time. All the others were equally comical. Then there was this one time at my house, when I was called home to witness a proposal and no words came out just a little air but we have grown to have a healthy love and respect for each other. At least on my part.
I don't quite know about or remember sweat beading up or quivering, but he definitely was a "wee-bit" intimidating.
Happy Birthday from Las Vegas Kerry.
Reed
Thanks for the Party and gift it's nice to be thought of.
Has anyone ever mentioned that Reed and your dad kinda look alike?
your dad and mine would get along i have a feeling! great tribute
Post a Comment