Monday, September 6, 2010

First Day at New Schools.

The first day of school at completely new schools can be a little rough. It was super scary and only a little exciting. Taylor was heard to say, "Can you tell I've been crying?" At which point I answered, "I don't know, you are still crying." She came home upset, but since then each day has gotten progressively better. At least I think it has.
The sun shined differently on Torey that day. A girl recognized her from a Stake activity and instantly she had a whole group of friends. Reed says it is the law of reciprocation, as she is generally very friendly. Jake came home crying that he wanted to go back to Barratt, but has since found friends in Theo and Nathan, so things are looking better.
They have all been very brave and I am so proud of how they are adapting through such a rough situation. No one likes to be outside of their comfort zones and this move has been exactly that. We are hoping for a better school ending than how it began.

2 comments:

Mag Family said...

I'm sorry you have a rough few days. You guys are so cute and friendly you will have people eating out of your hands in no time. Just stay away from people named Prince... and Theo :)

The Brooks Family said...

Oh! Sad, I hope things are going better now that you've been in a few weeks! I second Niki... people can't help but love all of you!!