Sunday, August 3, 2008

Husband of the Year goes to....

After informing Reed that I was planning on making a midnight run to Walmart to get  the much anticipated "Breaking Dawn" he said, "You'll be too tired.  I'll go get it for you."  And do you know what.  He did!  He went over to the Lindon Walmart at 12:00 a.m. expecting to run in and pick one up for me.  I don't think he had any idea of what he was getting himself into.  He called me and told me the line was about 1000 people long.  I told him to come home, that it wasn't worth the wait.  And guess what?  He didn't.  He stayed in that line consisting of 997 women and three men and bought me my book.  He returned home around 1:00 in the morning and presented it to me with a smile.  Apparently Walmart was being very efficient that night because I didn't expect him that fast.  I asked him how it went, if he met any new friends, etc., and he just shrugged.  Truth be told, I'll bet he was hoping the ground would open up and swallow him before someone he knew saw him, but I'll also bet that the other women present were wishing they had such a great husband.  Or maybe they were wondering if he had somehow gotten in the wrong line?!?!  If this doesn't earn him Husband of the Year, I don't know what will.

P.S.  If you read it let me know what you thought about the funky twist the book makes.

P.P.S.  There is just something about a backwards hat that makes me feel all squishy inside.  It reminds me of when we were teenagers and he used to turn his hat around to kiss me.  Those were the days  {{aaahh}}..... But I digress.

8 comments:

Caroline said...

He is a great man to ascend the throngs of women waiting for the book. I just grabbed mine as I was making a quick exit from the airport yesterday. Haven't opened it yet, so I can't say what I think, but will let you know. Thanks for making your wife's day, Reed, (or her night, rather!)

The Fannen's said...

That is great!!! Way to go Reed!!I have not gotten it yet, but can't wait to read it!

Mag Family said...

Good Job Reed. But do you buy your wife feminine products? That would make you more of a husband of the year, at least in my book. JK.

watergirl said...

I am astounded that Reed did that. Not that I don't believe he loves you but I am in awe.

kelliemcc said...

You should have come to Barnes & Noble, it was fun! I just finished the book and absolutely LOVED IT! I want to read it again!!(do you think there is a problem with that?)

Alice Childs said...

What a great husband! And Natilie, I want to borrow the book--mostly because I am in an avoiding walking into a store mode, no matter whether it is midnight or noon. Put me in line!

The Brooks Family said...

I agree with the Hat.. love a backwards hat. Good Job Reed!

Heather J said...

I am glad that Reed still does it for you, That's important.