
The dance festival was today and once again the kids have outdone themselves. At our school the dance festival takes a lot of advanced preparation from the parents. Not so much in the dancing department, though Reed and I have been working with Taylor on her shimmy, but more in the getting of a good seat. Reed went over and laid out blankets last night, and then replaced them early this morning, so we could get front row seats. THANK YOU DARLING! But wouldn't you know it, when I arrived, our blankets had been scooted back, and replaced with some others. I love people. The perpetrator of this then had the nerve to show up, give me
that look when I stared at her, and sat down directly in front of me. Because I have absolutely no luck, she also happened to be tall, and rather husky. People continually shock me. Anyway, not withstanding a lesson in human nature, the dance festival was a raging success. The kids did great and had a blast doing it. This was Taylor's last one and the sixth grade did it up right, though I think Torey's dance had more cardio in it! Until next year...
5 comments:
Husky... I guess that's what it was, now that I think about it! It was a good festival. The kids were great.
You crack me up. Just think, next year you will be the mother of a 7th grader......Oh I hated Junior High..
I miss dance festival. Cole did one in kindergarten but not since then. Blame it all on the district and the construction process (Sego Lily is getting an addition). Hopefully before too long the dance festival will be back at our school.
Wow, the nerve of people. You guys really prepare with going out the night before. Such dedication. I was foolish to think they went in order of grade at our dance festival. I didn't bring anything cause I thought we would watch and go. Wouldn't you know, kindergarten was second to last. Kids were burning, no snacks, no water......
p.s. we rented a motorhome for Moab
Post a Comment