There's no better way to celebrate our nation's freedom than to watch dozens of hot air balloons float off into the "wild blue yonder." This morning the kids and I woke at 5:00 a.m., something that is unprecedented in our home, to drive to Provo and see the balloons launch. Our good friends, and neighbors, were gracious enough to let us sit by them, and we had a fantastic time watching the balloons fill, and then float, into the early morning sky.

We ran into Smokey the Bear, who gave us some cool frisbees, and it was probably a good thing considering that we played with matches, lighters, and candles all afternoon yesterday. We know, Smokey, we know. Only WE can prevent forest fires. Thanks for the reminder.

Tony the Tiger made a special appearance this year. I think that Kellogg's Co. financed this balloon due to our contributions alone. We love cereal at our home! The balloons are so colorful and fun to watch. We could have watched them fill all morning, but alas games were afoot. They floated up to do their thing, and we stayed to watch until about 8:00, and then came home to take a nice little nap!

What are some of your favorite things to do on the Fourth of July weekend?
3 comments:
That is pretty ironic about smokey! Thanks for letting us hang out with you. Your family is the best.
Chandi and I made the trek over there yesterday morning as well! I love going over there! We do that every year!
Looks like you guys had fun.
My boys would love that.
I still need to call the girls again. Cole has been asking for them. They just love them..
Post a Comment