Wednesday, September 2, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow....

Quite well, thank you. This year we decided to get serious about gardening, and serious is all it took. Who knew that when you actually tried, you know, put forth a minimal effort, great rewards would be reaped. We feel very blessed to be able to reap a bountiful harvest from our own dirt. Jake insisted we grow cucumbers this year, and boy howdy, have we grown some cucumbers. They are delicious, but we have had to donate some to the neighborhood farmers market as we have them coming out of our ears. The tomatoes are just greening up now, and I have had to take some time off cleaning and organizing to do some canning. We have canned peaches, peach jam, and salsa so far, but I am thinking pizza sauce, stewed tomatoes, and carrots are in my future. I should be getting a house ready to show, but I can't bear to see all of that produce go to waste, so the house will wait, I guess. Still not quite sure what we are doing on that front. We're thinking of building now. We better hurry up and decide. Or not...

3 comments:

Walker paradise said...

Awesome, I tried on tomato plant this year, didn't work out so good for me, i should "get serious" next year your my inspiration now

Mag Family said...

Beautiful, I hope to grow up and be just like you. I want a garden, but wouldn't know what to grow, my family won't eat that icky stuff.

Heather J said...

So......... Whats the story???? R U really moving????? We need to all go to dinner or something and hear details.