Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Happy Little Quote....

The girls have each read this book several times and have recommended that I do the same.  For those of you who didn't know it is the same author as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and many others.  He is a silly kind of author and the book is full of nonsensical things but I found one quote that I absolutely love.  I first read it on an assignment of Torey's and that is what motivated me to read the book - that and extreme, and I mean EXTREME boredom.  But Dr. Phil says that bored people are boring so I am not going to dwell on that.  Here is the quote:

"If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face.  And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until it gets so ugly you can hardly bear to look at it."  And then my favorite part goes - "A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly.  You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." - Roald Dahl

So that is my thought for today.  Forget the face creams, chemical peels, exfoliation, waxing and tweezing.  Just concentrate on happy little thoughts and they will "shine out of your face like sunbeams" and the crows feet will not be noticeable.  At least that is what I am hoping. 

2 comments:

The Brooks Family said...

Crap. If that's true we're all in trouble.

Alice Childs said...

Love it! If only I can remember that advice so I don't turn into an ugly old hag. Uh-oh. Maybe I'm already there.