Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What's a Girl to Do...

when her husband leaves her for three days to go to M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I.  You heard it here first folks.  Reed has actually left the state, boarded an airplane, and has landed safely in Mississippi after a short stopover in the Lone Star State (Texas).  There are many things that I could do but I have two scenarios running through my head.  
 
Option 1 (fantasy option) - take the three days off, go shopping and spend a lot of money on a new spring wardrobe, get a pedicure, order out for lunch and dinner, read all day long (after the shopping and pedicure of course), take a long hot bath, and sleep through the entire night.  The house will miraculously take care of itself.  Sounds great, doesn't it?

Option 2 (cold, hard, mean spirited reality option) - still take the three days off with the exception of cleaning the house right before he comes home, and running the kids around, and taking Taylor to ball practice, and scrubbing the bathrooms.  I figure I can take all day Wednesday and do nothing if I work really hard Thursday.  (It's a good plan, except for I have to volunteer at the school on Wednesday).  There will be no shopping except for the milk which I have already purchased.  Oh, it is good to have 4 gallons of milk on hand, I only wish it was 4 gallons of milk and a few new shirts, some shoes, and some shorts, etc, etc.   I will probably end up making cereal for dinner, (probably Apple Jacks or Honey Nut Cheerios),  there will be no bath, maybe a book, and no sleeping.  I may, or may not, have one to three children in my bed, depending on their mood.  

I prefer option 1 but it is looking like option 2 will be my fate.  Does anyone else out there have a major problem sleeping when their stronger, more protective husband is away, or am I the only psycho out here?  Lie to me if it is the second,  no one likes to be told that they are a psycho.

P.S.  Can anyone recommend a good book.  I am looking for something romantic with a lot of angst in it.  No horror, suspense, or anything that might be construed as scary.  If you are wondering why read the above post.  My husband is GONE.  Now I am wondering if I should be posting that my husband is gone?  No one tell anyone, especially thieves or murderers, that he is gone.  I mean it.

4 comments:

Mag Family said...

I also prefer option 1,so I'm thinking you should do the cleaning on Wed. since the day is ruined from volunteer work anyway, and do the rest on Thur. or Fri. and I always recommend books to you but I am always denied.

haley said...

If you can't sleep and want a shopping spree, isn't that what the internet is for? Take opt. 1 and let the house go to hell for a few days. Then make Reed pick it up and he won't leave again anytime soon, so you'll get plenty of nights to sleep well to make up for the next few sleepless nights. And YES, I'm a psycho and can't sleep when Jeff is gone!

Natilie said...

Okay - here is an update. Last night I am sort of sleeping, more like laying there with my eyes closed and the back door opens. Aaaggghh! I was totally freaked out. So I laid in my bed waiting to be killed and when I wasn't I went back to sleep. When I got up this morning the door was still opened.

Caroline said...

I would probably be sleeping by the door tonight. But, you don't need to do that. It was probably just the...slight breeze as the clouds rolled in. I would choose option 1, but always feel somewhat guilty and settle for option two, but really, let the house go. It will be there on Friday.