Dear Jake: Good luck with those two cavities. I told the dentist that you were vain and wanted white fillings but he insists on silver because they are cheaper and your teeth are not permanent. I am going with the doc on this one. Sorry. I am also sorry that your perfect teeth record was broken, you have been devastated by this and I know how you feel. My record was perfect once, too. Sadly, we have succumbed to the evil plaque monster and now we are both dealing with the consequences. I feel your pain.
Dear Taylor: I am so sorry. Having five teeth pulled in one sitting can't be good. When you cried I was crying with you. Maybe I wasn't gasping and sobbing like you were, but I was panicking on the inside. I know you think I should have stopped the carnage, but at least I demanded that he give you some gas, because he wasn't going to give you a shot. Even though pulling teeth makes me throw up, I pulled up my big girl pants and I held your hand, and you snorted, trying to get under control. Who knew that the anticipation would be worse than the actual event. Teeth were flying everywhere. I am glad you found the one that got lost. It was on your shirt. Can you imagine the horror of the next patient if they found it? Anyway, you hurt for awhile but now you are jumping on the neighbors trampoline. I wonder if you will pay for that later. Just think, now those permanent teeth will have a place to live. I know your baby teeth were holding on for dear life, but come on, they had to go. Let's hope that tomorrow is a better day. It can't get much worse, can it?
Love, (your majorly scarred) Mom
9 comments:
Now that that is out of the way, I hope your heading to New York for a baseball game or the opera. Or maybe just to the mall for a pretzel. I hope your summer includes many more funny stories!
Holy Crap! 5 teeth pulled!? Only 9 more to go huh!? I'm sorry Taylor for the tramatic experience that must have been. I hope your mom bought you ice cream or at least popsicles!
I am so sorry you had to go through that Taylor. And what the @#$%? Why no shots. I think she deserves milk shakes for life.
Taylor--the very same thing happened to Alex the last time he went to the dentist. A few were loose, and the dentist said, "I'm just going to flick these out for you." He made it sound easy--the look on Alex's face said it was not. Sometimes being a kid really stinks!
Teeth WERE flying. Five! That's a whole mouthful. Glad you both made it through.
I never understood how I have cavities and Rob doesn't. I mean sure I eat a lot of sugar but Rob must drink that same amount in soda each day. I insist that he was born with better teeth. So that must be the deal with Jake. He has....Reed's (?) teeth.
CORRECTION I meant Torey has Reed's teeth, not Jake:)
I hated going to Dr. Liddle, (I can't even spell his name.) He used to scare the crap out of me.
I love to read your blog you crack me up. I think you should be a writer:) Let me know when you finish your kids' summer wish list and I will send ya mine!
Post a Comment