Friday, April 4, 2008

Five Favorites of the week...

1.  The funniest thing I heard this week was when Niki, Jammie, and I were at my friends shoe party and Jammie called Niki "Punky Brewster," because her toes were painted all different colors.  I about choked on my Chex Mix (aaaahhh, sweet, delicious Chex Mix).  How many remember that fantabulous sitcom from the eighties.  Those were the days when writers could come up with creative things to write about.  You know, it was about the little orphan girl who dressed all spazzy and found a home with that older fellow who owned the apartments.  My sisters and I loved that show.  Those were the days when Television was worth watching, I am telling you what.  So thank you to Jammie for the flashback and in Niki's defense, she was just being artistic.
2.  My favorite "event" was Taylor's play.  It was a lot of fun.  See previous post for more details.
3.  My bathrooms are clean.  Laaaaaaaaa!  That was a heavenly sound if you didn't read it right.  I think they will stay clean for at least 15 minutes, or that is what I am hoping.  There is always hope.  Sadly, I lost one Mr. Clean cleaning glove in the process and am now out of cleaner, but the effort and loss was well worth it.  Especially for the fifteen minutes they will remain clean.  I would post a picture but I am certain you can all imagine a clean bathroom.
4.  I really like when I go help in Torey's class and her teacher, Miss Nielsen, gives her opportunities to shine while I am there.  She is my favorite teacher - EVER.  She is a great lady, and tries really hard to individualize each child's experience.  She takes the time to learn each of her students strengths and weaknesses and caters to their needs.  She taught both Taylor adn Torey and I have loved her both times.  Also, Torey is brilliant, but that goes without saying.
5.  And the last thing....drum roll please.....I just got the recipe for Cafe Rio's salad dressing, rice, etc.  My feelings for this salad dressing cannot even be described in a poem.  They are just too personal to share.  I could drink a vat of it, swim in it, kiss it, love it - I could go on and on and on.  So a very BIG, special thank you to my lovely neighbor, Sonya, who was so willing to share!

Well, that is just a smattering of things or people I think are neat.  Everyone have a happy conference weekend.  Best wishes to you all!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

If someone could make me Cafe Rio everyday I'd be in heaven. (Or more likely "Fat and Happy") Also... maybe I should be hoping for Miss Nielsen for next year. Something's got to be better.

Heather J said...

I hated Punky Brewster. She was lame, and it's a little weird that she lives with some old man.

Alice Childs said...

Pass that recipe along! Also, I'm with you on the joy of a clean bathroom. Whenever I clean them, I wonder again why it takes me so long to break down and do it. A clean sparkly toilet makes me happy every time.

haley said...

a lovie, or woobie, or snugglie is a soft object that a child gets attached to. understand???